Re: [teacherartexchange] Autistic Art Students

---------

From: Peggy Woolsey (eoolspeg_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 18:28:48 PDT

  I just spent two weeks at a camp for autistic children. There was a
movement therapist, a music therapist and me, an art educator working
with children aged 3 to 16. It was a wonderful experience, but I felt
the art end of things could have been better, maybe made more useful
for the kids. Do any of you have ideas for art making with autistic
students? Each year there are more students with this disability and I
know that many of them enjoy visual work and stimulation through the
arts.
Thank you.
Peggy Woolsey