[teacherartexchange] African unit

---------

From: Jean Womack (jeaneger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 15:12:28 PDT

Sorry to keep bothering you guys. As I said, I am not a communist nor was I
ever a communist. My mother's family was Jewish during World War II. My
mother used to say her family came from the old country and when I asked her
which old country, she said it was Russia. But when I was a child, we lived
next to the Watchung Indian Reservation in New Jersey. I studied Indian
crafts, like Indian beadwork and how to mark a trail through the woods. I
learned how to ride a horse bareback. So sometimes I think we were Indians,
but my skin is light, although I have freckles, like my father.

And my parents were not particularly religious, though we celebrated
Christmas. So maybe you can figure it out.

My parents are in their 90's so they don't have much longer to talk. I live
all the way across the country from them. I was relocated here by my ex
husband, who got me fired from my job with the airline company, and took me
into bars and got me to drink and smoke pot, then took me out to
California and dumped me here next to the refinery 35 years ago. Now I
think my husband wants me to go down to the Central Valley. But how do I
know that, if I do that, is he going to stay with me or is he going to dump
me too? It's very hot down there in the summer (98 degrees this weekend)
and I now own a nice very old house with a view of the San Francisco Bay on
one side and the refinery on the other, where the weather is much better,
but it's very lonely here without him.

Jean Womack
http://www.jeaneger.com