Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Arican Unit

From: Jean Womack (jeaneger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 12:36:08 PDT

How about musical instruments, rain sticks (that's Peruvian, I think),
shakere (the gourd with beads on it), drums, etc. Baskets. Those are
sculptural forms.

Also it is typically African art to see portraits of people with their
mouths closed. Only dead people have their mouths open, I guess. I am sure
you wouldn't want to inhibit communication by telling them that, though.

Jean Womack

To unsubscribe go to