Article on Choice Art Education

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 17:08:56 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Kathy Douglas (known to many on Getty list and
ArtsEducators list) has written an article on Choice
Based Art Education (page 50 in September Arts and
Activities). She outlines the benefits of Choice Base
Art Ed and gives tips for getting started. Many art
teachers have "jumped" over to this approach and have
seen the benefit, too. While Kathy teaches elementary
- the srategies can be adapted to middle school.

If anyone out there wants to read this article and
does not have access to Arts and Activites - send me
your snail mail address (off list). I will get the
article moving about the country with the mailing
instructions to "mail it forward". I have done this
with articles in that past and it has worked out well.

Regards,

Judy Decker