Re: Parent Involvement/Sky

---------

From: Sandy Bacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 15:13:58 PDT

Yes, I have had an aide do this. It makes me crazy. I actually pulled
her aside this year and asked her if we could work out a plan for her
little fella that she works with to try and improve his skills, at least
get him motivated. I told her that I knew that her intentions were from
the heart, but doing his work was not ultimately helping him. She was
very good about it. Her own daughter is crippled with many other
medical problems, yet does not have an aid when she comes to art. I
have pushed her just like I do the rest of the kids in her classroom.
 It is amazing what she can do now. She doesn't even want me to help her!

Sandy

>It's easier to tell the aide to stop than the
>parent. Have any of you ever experienced this?
>Sky in NJ

---