Museum is looking for images (washing and hanging clothes)

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 12:16:28 PDT

(Jeanette - contact Cleveland Museum of Art for John
Sloan's "Women's Work")

Greetings Art Educators,

Alabama Historic Museum has asked for help...

From Jeanette:
Here in Loachapoka, Alabama, we are searching for a
print to illustrate hanging out clothes. We have a
historical museum, Lee County, Alabama Historical
Museum which is Southern 1850- 1950. We have a print
of a woman ironing - with exhibit of irons, but we
need a print of a woman hanging out clothes to go with
our clothes washing exhibit. (A picture is worth a
thousand words?). I know I've seen such and hope you
can identify one for us. As long as we're looking how
about one with washpot, also? (We do have some
wonderful iron washpots.) Thanks,
Jeannette Frandsen

Jeannette Fichter Frandsen
---------------------------------
I gave her Jacob Lawrence's Washtub and Degas' Laundry
Women (and Degas' Ironing). Can any of you think of
works I might suggest? I don't know where to tell her
to look for John Sloan's Hanging Clothes (I showed my
students that etching in slide)...Well... I just found
a better one anyways...John Sloan's Women's Work - and
a source (Cleveland Museum of Art).
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/sloan_john.html

Send me any suggestions you may have.

Judy Decker