Re: Parent Involvement/Sky

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 09:53:49 PDT

Hi Sky,
I've had it happen with well meaning paras who work with
special kids. I let it go day one to not embarrass anyone or
say something in front of the child. Then I meet with the
para and carefully explain what art, individually and my
personal beliefs are. After that it goes fine. Often the
para creates their own art along with the class. It keeps
them busy while they can still keep an eye on things. I'm
sure the same approach would work with a parent.
                        Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

--
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703