RE: Is it just me?( a short rant by veteran teacher) - How About Research?

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 08:43:49 PDT

I have replied to this three times - but have not sent any of them -

can't even remember what the original post was...
I have just deleted the last 4 paragraphs from this post, but left one
item.... and a quote:

this is hanging above my desk - an article on Urban Learning/Poverty in the
ENC Focus publication - by Ruby Payne....
http://www.enc.org/features/focus/archive/urban/document.shtm?input=FOC-0029

Check out the chart on hidden rules - look on the bottom for other rules and
all the way to the right - under wealth...how many times are the arts
mentioned - and don't we all want the best for the kids? If in doubt, rent
Small Time Crooks and watch Tracy Ullman trying to 'get culture'....

http://quine.enc.org/web_graphics/documents/FOC/002943/hidden_rules.htm

and the quote - just trying to prepare the kids to be observant and creative
-

"People only see what they are prepared to see."
  -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

E in KY

---