Re: Is it just me?( a short rant by veteran teacher) - Parent Involvement/Sky

---------

From: Geoffrey McClain (skygeoff_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 01:44:28 PDT

She could work in another room. I have an area in the back of my classroom
that is set off from the rest of the room. It's like a seperate room but
it's open to the classroom. I think it was originally intended to be a kiln
area but there was never a kiln because it wasn't properly ventilated. I
have a pile (maybe 12 or more) of shallow plastic shelves that is covered
with a huge wood laminate top. (I ordered this from Sax I think.) I keep
large sheets of colored paper in the shelves. I use this area for matting
pictures for the art show. The parents do this. They stand with their back
to the classroom to do the work. They can hear everything and they could
turn around and watch if they wanted to. I like it because they're in the
room helping me but they're not actually interacting with the students.
Sky

.