Re: Linda Freeman - Story Quilts with Text

---------

From: Heather Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 19:10:50 PDT

Christine and Judy!
Thanks so much for these! I love Linda Freeman's work and I never had
heard of her-
This will have to turn into a unit for my sixth graders. Tar Beach was
getting too popular with the elementary teachers- the kids were coming
in already knowing the story and having done some things with it in
earlier grades, so I had stopped using it. I figure it is too big a
world with too many wonderful things in it to repeat something I knew
they had done.
Thanks-
Heather

On Aug 30, 2004, at 6:43 AM, Judith Decker wrote:

> Greetings Art Educators,
>
> I know most of you USA teachers are familiar with the
> work of Faith Ringgold now (links on my African
> American Artist page).... but you may not be familiar
> with the work of Linda Freeman

---