Jill Swedlow's Seurat Lesson Plan Link

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 18:11:24 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Jill is so lucky to have the Chicago Art Institute at
her doorstep (she teaches in Chicago). She is taking
advantage of the Suerat Exhibit. Here is her lesson
plan for 7th and 8th graders:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Jill-Seurat.htm

To take in this exhibit:
Art Institute of Chicago:
Seurat and the Making of La Grande Jatte
http://www.artic.edu/aic/exhibitions/seurat/seurat.html

One list member did a really need school wide
project...She had everyone add their dots to a large
mural of the Grand Jatte. They came pretty close to
the original. Who did this? Anyways - it was very
successful. I just did a quicky search of Getty
Archives and couldn't find it (the post was amde
before I knew about this Chicago Exhibit).

Enjoy,

Judy Decker