Re: The "Naughty Book" - here is my file (Carol - Jill)

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 17:31:51 PDT

Greetings Carol and Jill,

Both of you have shown interest in Linda's "Guest
Book" idea.... Here is the link to the file I created
for mine...This made it so easy to keep track of
boo-boos:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/DISCIPLINE.htm
Since my students were middle school - it was easy for
them to record their own boo-boos. I had a section in
the book for each class. First offense in one class
period was just a name in the book (a warning)....
Second offense they had to check the rules violated
and was a minor misconduct. Third offense in one class
- the kid was removed to our in school suspension room
(and I sent a writing assignment with them). Every
middle school should have one (we called our room the
"95/45 Room" - meaning 95% of the students deserve 45
minutes of uninterrupted instruction - No - our class
periods were not 45 minute minutes long - but the name
stuck). It keeps the kids from getting into serious
trouble. Once a kid accumulated three minor
misconducts - they got a Tuesday/Thursday School
(after school detentions) assigned by the office.

Regards,

Judy Decker