Totem Pole Quiz to start your units

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 12:49:09 PDT

Greetings ArtsEdNetters,

I have been surfing away to update my Northwest Coast
art information. I found this quick "test" you might
use to give your students to see what they
already believe about the NW Coast Totem poles - then
go on with your lesson to change misconceptions:
http://www.orau.gov/eeo/natamer/natamer.htm
It should come as no surprise that November is
National Native American Heritage Month - but you can
celebrate Native cultures year round.

I removed my NW Coast lesson since links were broken
-- but have since found MANY more...and will provide
them to anyone willing to give a lesson on NW Coast
Culture to IAD. I will be putting some of links I
found back online (just not as a WebQuest or Scavenger
Hunt page.

Regards,

Judy Decker