Re: plaster sculpture

---------

From: Anne-Marie Swierz (artsy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 06:00:04 PDT

I too used to use vermiculite mixed with my plaster in the past. But I
found just using plain plaster and keeping it moist is just as good and easy
for the students to carve. The secret it to keep the plaster moist while
carving. So keep it wrapped in a plastic bag or plastic wrap when not in
use. We use a little water spray bottle to spray the plaster when the
carving got tough. Make sure that you dry the finished piece completely
before the students paint it. Otherwise, mildew will set in.