Re: Is it just me?( a short rant by veteran teacher) - Parent Involvement/ Linda

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (eheisey_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 05:01:27 PDT

I don't think parents really make life easier--in most cases it is much
more work. I think they rather enhance student achievement by
demonstrating what words cannot to young people about what is important
and valuable: art and time and students. Their sacrifice of time is
amazing in this day and age. Students and the community at large need
to be reminded of the beauty of the parent's gift to us. Yet I reserve
my hope for lifting my own load. That is another matter. Sometimes I am
pleasantly surprised.
Our parent group (arts boosters) has some great leadership and is
actually making a huge impact on our school system here in the last 2
years. They have accomplished things we could have never done alone. We
have all worked hard, and all enjoyed the results.
Just my 2 cents.
Beth

On Aug 29, 2004, at 9:32 PM, Sandy Bacon wrote:

> Linda,
>
> What do you do when you get a partent that is insistant on coming to
> help and she is more work than she is help?

---