Art of India - GREAT images

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 20:25:58 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I am surfing for Northwest Coast art - and lo and
behold discovered this excellent presenation for
India: The Living Arts
http://www.civilization.ca/cultur/inde/indexpe.html
Use the pull down menu to see where you want to begin.
The images are all high quaility.

Here is a picture of the ground paintings:
http://www.civilization.ca/cultur/inde/indhom2e.html

Some contemporary artists/craftspeople:
http://www.civilization.ca/cultur/inde/indmae.html
Teachers' guide (lesson ideas):
http://www.civilization.ca/cultur/inde/indtch1e.html

This museum DOES allow you to use the images for
educational purposes. Rather than going through the
time consumings task of waiting for the images to load
for your kiddies... I would make a PowerPoint of
images and information you want and include the
copyright notice, URL and source (Canadian Museum of
Civilization Corporation).

I will be providing a link to this exhibit on my Art
of India page.

Enjoy,

Judy Decker