Re: Point System for GOOD behavior & work

---------

linalt_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 15:32:16 PDT

I have a chart on the wall. Each class earns stickers. When they get 10
stickers, they can shot baskets on a little basketball hoop I set up.
(Each child gets a couple of shots.) If they fill the entire chart (30
stickers) they can sit any where they want (in other words) with their
friends for the rest of the year. However, if they loss a sticker, they
have to start over again. I write the word NOISE on the board. If they
get too louds, etc., I erase the E, then the S, and finally the I. When
I get to the word NO, then no stickers. Works well.

Lin

On Aug 29, 2004, at 4:34 PM, BluesTruth@aol.com wrote:

> Hi,  Artsednetters-
> Any of you out there have a really reliable point system for entire
> classes who perform well in class--as far as behavior & the competion
> of  in-class assignments?    I have tried so many different behavior
> -based programs in the past and none have been successful for me as
> yet. Let's face it, an art teacher NEEDS something effective  (a
> chart, notebook, etc.) so the behavior doesn't get out-of hand because
> the kids think art is a free-for-all.  It's a frustration for me
> because I would like for my students to work toward specific goals.
> Incidentally, I do not have the $$$ for stickers, toys, candy, etc.,
> for my 1500 kids, (I don't make as much money as Bill Gates or Dick
> Cheney!!) soooo...what has been successful for you in rewarding your
> kids?  Thanks for sharing your ideas!
> Jill (BT)
> ---
> leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu