Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: plaster sculpture

From: LINDA KIELING (KIELINGL_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 13:27:46 PDT

as integration outside of the art room I worked with social studies
teachers to create frescoes with 7th graders in their classes......we
figured out how much plaster and how much water ahead of time, put into
zip lock plastic bags to mix and then poured plaster into Styrofoam
trays; carved, painted with watercolors and added hooks while
damp.......they came out great and the kids loved it! certainly
adaptable to any grade level..........bags with some plaster left in
them was draped over forms to dry and they were cool, too!

>>> 8/29/2004 10:30:34 AM >>>
I've been making plaster in bottles and a few other things for the
students to draw white value based still lives.
Also, in college we poured the plaster and carved into it while it was
still slightly damp.
Have fun! Dawn
"Deb M." <> wrote:
We accidentally have about 300 pounds of plaster to start the year off.

Does anyone know any good lessons for plaster for HS age students? We
using it for creating plaster molds for paper casting (with oil based
but would like to do something more sculptural. Thanks for any ideas!

Do You Yahoo!?