Ceramic Fish Art to inspire - MS - HS (elem, too)

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 12:58:53 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

A favorite unit of my high school students was
Ceramics inspired by nature (organic form). Each year,
I created my own fish art as an example (someone liked
one so much that it disappeared from the art room one
day).

Dana Riggleman sent me a link to Marvin Bartel's Fish
Tureen:
http://www.goshen.edu/~marvinpb/fisht.htm

Another tureen from the series can be found on his
gallery home page.
http://www.goshen.edu/~marvinpb/MB-Galry.htm

I added a link to Marvin's Tureen on my ceramic fish
lesson plan - and also on my Ceramics page.
Marvin gives art teachers permission to use his images
in a classroom presentation as long as the web site
URL (web page address) and his name is listed on the
same presentation page with each image used.

For other uses, such as class handouts, he generally
gives permission to art teachers promptly when they
ask, but they do need to ask.

I no longer ask ALL artists I provide links for... but
I do ask ones I "know". Marvin (retired professor) is
a member of Getty ArtsEdNet. Many of you are already
familiar with Marvin the educator (as you have
ventured onto his art ed site).
http://www.goshen.edu/~marvinpb/MB_Home.htm
Essays and Lessons:

Hope this idea inspires....

NOTE: If you ever email an artist/site I have linked
and they do NOT give permission for you to use images
please let me know and I will remove the link.

Judy Decker