Archiving posts with or without email addresses?

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 07:33:53 PDT

Greetings ArtsEdNetters,

One of the plans for Getty list was to change the
archives so they would no longer have our email
addresses showing. This will keep the email bots from
grabbing the addresses and sending spam and viruses.

Since many of you want folks to ask permission to use
your ideas - those email addresses need to be there.
(Just so you know - there are provisions in APA and
MLA both for citing emails and list serves - folks
will use your words of wisdom they find and they may
not ask permission)

What is the general consensus? Do you want the posts
archived with or without email addresses?

Some of you may have noticed that ever since I found
out our posts were still being archived - I changed so
that my Yahoo account gets the additional spam and
virus emails instead of Road Runner (and thanks for
ignoring my typos - it takes longer for Yahoo to spell
check - so I skip that).

If this is an issue with you - reply to me off list. I
will compile responses and get them to Nick Brod at
Getty. He is the one to thank for keeping this service
available. Changes are in the works.

Judy Decker

=====
Judy Decker