Faith Ringgold Teacher Resources --- sharing

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 05:36:54 PDT

Hi All,
If we all share some of the great things Art Ed related , that we come across or use in our classrooms.
everyone wins ! :) We are each other's greatest resource !

Found some informative web resources on Faith Ringgold. She will be one of my table artist this year.
(each table in my art rooms has a feature artist hanging above it, a great idea from amazing contributors to Artsednet listserv)

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/aaworld/arts/ringgold.html
Fabulous info , links to interview on NPR, A Century of Quilts (PBS), A Day at the Met with Faith Ringgold excerpts from EGG (the arts show). (http://www.pbs.org/wnet/egg/236/ringgold/index.html check out the video clip where she looks at a work by Jacob Lawrence)

http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/ringgold_faith.html

http://www.faithringgold.com/ this site is old but still shows images of her work until 2002

http://www.ndoylefineart.com/ringgold.html a biography of Faith.

Hope this helps,