Re: pencils in Elementary :)

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 04:51:58 PDT

I have always had my Elementary students bring a pencil to class. I think that it helps develop some sense of responsibility. Only under pressure will I let the classroom teacher bring a cup of pencils for everyone.
At times these kids get soooooo much DONE FOR THEM, that I think they lose the sense of ownership for
their needs.
I add that info to their Art grade in terms of being prepared for class.
I know others don't agree with me on this one, but we all know our own populations, and this works for my kids !

Hope this helps, Christine Besack :)
PS--- If a kid will poke another kid with a pencil, they are just as likely to poke them with their finger too !!!