Re: "Copyrighting" your list posts

---------

From: Vicki Leishman (vicki_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 00:12:15 PDT

Hi All,

On a number of occasions I have posted list posts from other discussion
lists, on each occasion I have always sought permission beforehand from the
author. To date, the original authors have been more than happy for me to
pass on information and/or their comments.

A little courtesy goes a long way :-).

Cheers,
Vicki
Perth, Western Australia

At 09:19 PM 8/28/2004, you wrote:
>I attended a workshop given by our state departement of education during
>the summer. We were informed that all email and list serve communication
>is protected under copyright law. Posts should not and cannot be lifted.
>Please be warned, we were also given examples of prosecution. There are
>now copyright "bounty hunters". (Now there's a new career choice!)
>When I joined the listserves years ago, posts and private emails were
>never taken and "shared" somewhere else. Perhaps we should return to this
>as a common courtesy to the writer rather than as a necessity of law.
>Have a good one!
>---

---