Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Principles?

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 28 2004 - 09:11:51 PDT

When I was teaching Middle School, I too preferred to
teach principals "imbedded into the lessons". But when
I taught web design I used a more direct approach. I had
students illustrate the elements and principals in their
notebooks. Here is an example:

                        Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

Nora Redfern wrote:
> I developed a way to teach the principles that is sort of a "discovery"
> approach.I tell the kids that I know they already know a lot about art
> and how to put together a work or art, so lets see if they can figure
> out what I'm trying to do or show.

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703
Albuquerque, NM    87199-1703