Art for Today - History for Today

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 12:58:31 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Here are sites that you and you social studies
teacher(s) might find fun - although I am certain many
of your school servers will have them blocked:
History for Today:
http://www.safran-arts.com/42day/history/archive.html
Art for Today:
http://www.safran-arts.com/42day/art/artchive.html

If the kiddies just learned a little bit about what
happened on their birthday - maybe history would seem
more relevant to them?

I had this site linked before - then the URL's
changed.... I just found it again looking for
Kandinsky Woodcuts.

This is all on Bernard Safran Fine Art:
http://www.safran-arts.com
The site is created by John Malyon of Artcylcopedia.
"Bernard Safran was born in New York City in 1924 to
Russian immigrant parents. His father had fled Czarist
Russia after escaping from a Siberian prison camp; his
mother had been sent to America at age thirteen by her
Polish refugee parents, who could not afford passage
for themselves."

Judy Decker