Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: Principles?

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 11:49:36 PDT

Tagging onto Ellen's post....

I agree with all that has been said already....Like

Anyways...I agree that the important thing is to get
them to LOOK at art and ADMIRE art.
Another fun activity is to give them a group of art
post cards and have them tell how they connect. Take a
seemingly unconnected/unrelated group of images.

This idea relates to something my husband used to do
in his English classes. Point - Question - Connect.

Point: Make some key statements what you see

Question: Ask some questions. What do you want to
know? What is unanswered?

Connect: Make connections to your life.

When looking at cultural art, keep in mind that they
were not focusing on Ps and Es when the work was
created - They focused on meaning and purpose.

Judy Decker

Do you Yahoo!?