Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Chasing Vermeer - I ran down some links

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 11:20:41 PDT

Thanks for jogging my memory...

I have been meaning to look up the new URL for
Essential Vermeer....Site by Jonathan Janson
My old link was broken.

Web Museum - Jan Vermeer:

This is interesting - Vermeer Forgeries:

Vermeer - the Complete Works (has pop-up ads):

Vermeer - Artcyclopedia:
(lots more links)

How about a lesson on portraits? showing "slice of
life"? or hats of our time? I really like the Girl
with Red Hat. There are many other showing head wear
from Vermeer's time.

I posted a contemporary artist with a passion for
Vermeer. I found another artist who does Vermeer too.
Let me know if you are interested and I will post
these two artists again.

I will be adding these Vermeer links to my Artists/Art
Styles page --- soon - but save them now if they
interest you.

Judy Decker

--- Catherine Gersich <> wrote:

> Our school is doing a school-wide read aloud of the
> book Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliett. As the art
> teacher, I am going to try and come up with some
> lesson plans that can enhance the reading experience
> for our students. If any of you have read it and
> can help with ideas or have any Vermeer related
> lesson plans, can you please help me?
> Thanks,
> Cathy in Bellingham, WA

Do you Yahoo!?