Re: Chasing Vermeer - I ran down some links

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 11:20:41 PDT

Thanks for jogging my memory...

I have been meaning to look up the new URL for
Essential Vermeer....Site by Jonathan Janson
http://essentialvermeer.20m.com/
My old link was broken.

Web Museum - Jan Vermeer:
http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/vermeer/

This is interesting - Vermeer Forgeries:
http://www.mystudios.com/gallery/han/forgeries.html

Vermeer - the Complete Works (has pop-up ads):
http://www.mystudios.com/vermeer/index.html

Vermeer - Artcyclopedia:
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/vermeer_jan.html
(lots more links)

How about a lesson on portraits? showing "slice of
life"? or hats of our time? I really like the Girl
with Red Hat. There are many other showing head wear
from Vermeer's time.

I posted a contemporary artist with a passion for
Vermeer. I found another artist who does Vermeer too.
Let me know if you are interested and I will post
these two artists again.

I will be adding these Vermeer links to my Artists/Art
Styles page --- soon - but save them now if they
interest you.

Judy Decker