Re: Principles?

---------

TwoDucks_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 05:07:53 PDT

In a message dated 8/26/04 7:56:25 AM, Artheart1@aol.com writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone have any lesson plans or ideas for teaching basic art principles
> to kids who don't have an interest in art and are being required to take an
> art class?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Michelle

I have some questions which might help focus your planning...what is your
ultimate goal for these students AFTER they leave you? That they become
appreciative viewers of art? That they will be able and motivated to express
themselves visually even if they are not "talented"? If they are unlikely to ever
make art again after this class is a drill in the Principals a useful goal?
Just wondering. Good luck to you...it sounds like quite a challenge...
kathy douglas
http://knowledgeloom.org/tab