Incas - Art and Culture - two "new" sites

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 19:30:38 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

In removing broken links from my Inca Internet lesson
(and surfing for replacements) I found two "new-to-me"
Educational Inca Sites.

Conquistadors (from PBS)
http://www.pbs.org/opb/conquistadors/home.htm
- educational resource for middle and high school
classrooms to learn about the Spanish Conquistadors in
the New World and the legacy of their contact with
Native Americans. There are extensive lesson plans for
teachers and in-depth online content for students
available in both English and Spanish.

I have this listed under Exploration of Americas (on
my Pre-Columbian page)

The Incas:
http://incas.perucultural.org.pe/english/index.htm
History - Technology -Arts of the Inca and more - by
Maria Rostworowski. This site has some wonderful
images in the arts/Gallery section.

This site is listed under Inca Trail - and under
Pre-Columbian Gold - Pottery- Architecture.

My Pre-Columbian page is easy to find from the home
page:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/precolum.htm

Hope these help with your Inca Studies.

Judy Decker