Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Hughie Lee-Smith - Lessons are welcome

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 13:55:19 PDT

Greetings ArtsEdNetters,

Incredible Art Department could use a lesson plan
around the work of Hughie Lee-Smith (African-American
Painter, 1915-2000)

Here are the links to get your started. I will NOT be
adding all of these. I posted these to Art Education
list for Grace and thought I'd share with you too.

Get the Shorewood print "Boy with Tire" (only about
$8.00) Call 1-800-494-3824 - Order print number 926.
I have the bio and background info for the print)

I will be adding him (not all of these links - these
are for you)

Three images

One image (larger image isn't high quality): (same
image - better quality)

A couple images - not high quality images

biographical info:
nice drawing:

Several images - scroll down:

Several prints (probably lithographs?)