Re: Schedule/ class loads

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 13:18:01 PDT

Hi Ken, That sucks!!! I also have big classes and a cap of 35, so I
have more kids than anyone else in school. I have 6 4'x8' tables so all
I need is more chairs. Maybe you can trade out the desks and use
tables?? My partner who has lots of mixed classes makes them all do the
same assignment and changes assignments every year. It works well for
him. I have one mixed class and I keep it 2 separate classes and make
them sit apart etc. It's a pain. Good luck. Sid

>>> Bicyclken@aol.com 08/25/2004 8:22:43 AM >>>
I just found out that my classes are going to have 38 students in a
combined
class of Art 2,4 as well as 36 in Art 1, 34 in Art 3, and combinations
of
a.p. in with Art 3. I only have 30 desks and very little room. I
have more
discipline problems with kids that do not have a desk, storage,
drawing board
and feel like they are just visiting, because they are not given a
space. I
will manage, but it is getting out of hand, our district has made the
cap for
students at 36 to 1.

Ken Schwab

Art teacher