This is an invitation to participate in a festive Mexican journey next June featuring markets, museums, pyramids, and gardens that starts in Mexico City and continues to Puebla and Oaxaca. If you send in a deposit before the end of August, you will receive a $100.00 discount on the regular price of the trip. If you have previously traveled with Go Ahead Vacations, you will also receive an additional discount. Please contact me if you are interested or have any questions.
· Group Leader: Nancy Walkup, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
· 9 days, leaving June 2, 2005
· costs from $1269 from DFW (other airport departures also available)
· send $300.00 deposit to Brad Gosche, Group Tour Consultant, GoAhead Vacations, EF Center Boston, One Education Street, Cambridge, MA 02141-1883, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-206-9917, ext. 3632
Tour Director led Sightseeing of Mexico City
Guided Tour of Mexico City
· National Palace
· Colegio de San Idelfonso
· Chapultepec Park
Guided Visit to the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe
Guided Tour of the Ruins of Teotihuacán
Guided Tour of Puebla
· Municipal Palace
· El Bello Museum
· Barrio del Artista
Excursion to Cholula Pyramids
Guided Tour of Oaxaca
· Municipal Palace
· Chocolate Factory
· Benito Juarez Market
Excursion to Mitla Ruins, featuring Tule Tree and Mezcal Factory Visit
Visit to Monte Alban Ceremonial Center
Half Day Excursions
· Ballet Folklorico
· Xochimilco Floating Gardens
· Nine Bays boat cruise
Full Day Excursions
· Coffee plantation
Board your flight south to Mexico City. Upon arrival, you'll be greeted by a Go Ahead Vacations representative. Your Tour Director then leads an informal walking tour to acquaint you with Zona Rosa (Pink Zone) and Paseo de la Reforma, at the heart of one of the city's most colorful areas. Get to know the other travelers in your group at this evening's included dinner.
A professional local guide leads this morning's sightseeing tour of Mexico City. Pass through Zocalo, the city's main square, and view the exterior of the Templo Mayor. Your tour includes visits to the National Palace, the Colegio de San Idelfonso, and the Castillo de Chapultepec, which previously served as the presidential palace and is now a museum. Your afternoon is free to explore Mexico City on your own*try your hand at bargaining at the shops inside the Mercado Insurgentes in the Zona Rosa. Or, join an optional excursion to the Floating Gardens of Xochimilco.
An included excursion today takes you to the Shrine of Our Lady of Gaudalupe, built on the site where a peasant had a vision of the Virgin in 1531. Next stop is the Teotihuacán Pyramids, built more than 2,000 years ago and later inhabited by the Aztec Indians. Here you can walk along the Avenue of the Dead and climb the Pyramids of the Sun and Moon. This evening, join an optional excursion to the Ballet Folklórico, a dazzling performance of music and dance.
Hotel Posada San Pedro
Transfer to Puebla, where a local guide leads your walking tour of the historical city, featuring views of the Cathedral of Immaculate Conception, Mexico's tallest cathedral; the gold-leafed Church of Santo Domingo; and the Barrio del Artista, and outdoor artists' district. On Day 5, explore the town of Cholula, known for its mix of Spanish and pre-Columbian architecture. Here you'll visit the Archaeological Zone and the Royal Chapel.
Hotel Hacienda La Noria
Travel today to the state of Oaxaca. On a guided walking tour, pass the city's cathedral, the Municipal Palace, Benito Juarez Market and a chocolate factory (Oaxaca is known for its delicious chocolate).
Spend the day exploring the nearby region of Mitla, in whose archeological park you'll see an exhibit of Zapoteca relics. Stop too at the Tule Tree and the Boiling Water mineral springs (named for their bubbly appearance, not their temperature!). Also included is a visit to the Mezcal factory, where Oaxaca's most famous beverage originates.
Learn more about Mexico's pre-Colonial cultures on today's included excursion to Monte Alban. Here you'll visit a fortress used by the Olmeca, Mixteca and Zopateca peoples. Continuing through the Ceremonial Center, view the ancient main plaza, ball court, observatory and tombs. Next, travel along the Dominican Route, with its architecturally interesting and religiously significant monumental temples and convents from eras past.
You'll be accompanied to the airport for your flight home. Or, if you are continuing on our tour extension, board your flight to Huatulco.
· Round-trip air transportation with a major airline, airport transfers and escorts
· The services of a bilingual Go Ahead Tour Director
· A licensed local city guide in Mexico City, Teotihuacán, Puebla, Oaxaca and Monte Alban
· 8 nights accommodation in comfortable and well-located hotels that include rooms with private bath or shower
· All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling and local taxes included
· Buffet breakfast daily; 5 three-course dinners
· Private deluxe motorcoach featuring reclining seats, air conditioning and restroom
· Guided sightseeing and entrance fees to select sights as described
· Go Ahead travel bag and membership in our World Traveler Club including credit toward your next tour.