Soft Sculpture LESSON PLAN - with painting!

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 05:33:12 PDT

Greetings Linda,

Here is something new to try...Your animals (or little
people) with heat set watercolors:
http://www.dickblick.com/lessonplans/softsculpture/
Lesson says junior high thru high school but I KNOW
you can do it.

From Dick Blick:
"This very unusual heat set watercolor is non-toxic
and made of recycled materials. The watercolors are
erasable on paper and wash completely out of fabric
until heat set in an oven or ironed. The colors are
bright and beautiful and a unique experience for
students.

This project requires painting, sewing and assembly
skills."

Enjoy! Let me know if any of you try it.... I would
love to see a kiddie example. Obviously - no lesson
plan needed.

Judy Decker