Music and Art Integration- Lesson for Kindergarten

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 05:09:07 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

I am updating links on my Comprehensive Arts page.
ERIC is a good place to start for finding Music
lessons. Here is one for Kindergarten that YOU can do
(or get the music teacher on board too).

Carnival of Animals:
http://www.eduref.org/cgi-bin/printlessons.cgi/Virtual/Lessons/Arts/Music/MUS0013.html
If you are lucky - you might be able to get PE
involved too and have the kids dance the animals (good
luck). If not - dance them yourself with the kids.
Animals in Art is an easy theme to do....and kids of
all ages love doing animals.

If my link is too long:
http://www.eduref.org/cgi-bin/lessons.cgi/Arts/Music

ENJOY - Make your units "comprehensive" and see the
difference it makes. Work may not improve - you will
get less art made - but the kids will REMEMBER what
they did and why. Start with kindergarten and the
primary grades (as these kind of lessons take a lot of
time to prepare).

This is the link for Comprehensive Art:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/comparts.htm

Judy Decker