Re: Art activity time ideas.

---------

From: Geoffrey McClain (skygeoff_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 04:02:55 PDT

Hi Linda,
How about rug hooking? counted cross stitch? gimp lanyards (the thing that
holds a whistle around a lifeguard's neck)? or soft scupture? I wrote an
article in Arts & Activities" magazine about making these soft scupture
dolls which I called "people" a long time ago. The kids dressed them in
real baby or toddler clothes depending on the size. I did it with 5th
graders and the boys and girls both loved it. Some of them kept their
"people" for themselves and some made them for their younger siblings (or so
they said). Many parents told me they still had them years later. I could
send you directions. Over the years I came up with many shortcuts. We used
pantyhose and fiberfill for the body. The head had yarn hair, googly eyes,
and stitched noses and mouths. One boy even made his as big as he was.
Sky in NJ

---