Re: Schedules

---------

From: C Kerch (ckerch_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 20:03:20 PDT

i had the same type of schedule as two years ago and went to my grievenece
representative and complained. I gave him options to my situation that
openned up breaks for me but didn't effect other classes or teacher's
schedules and he took it to the Administration. My schedule was changed for
the next year and has remained the way I like it. We have a couple of
teachers at my school who have really bad schedules with no breaks expect
for lunch but they like it that way... I personally think they are insane
but they keep telling me it's because they are ADD and have to stay busy.

Good luck on your situation... my advice is to look at your contract, your
school work policy, your state labor laws and then gather your information
together and take it to your union or grievence rep. You should also
present options to changing your schedule so that they can see how a change
in times and breaks can not only benefit you but the school as well.

Mahalo,
Cathy
Honolulu, HI

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar get it now!