Re: African American Artists - Who do you use?

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 11:57:30 PDT

Judy,
        Please add Dean Mitchell to your African-American artists list:
http://www.hearnefineart.com/html/dean_mitchell.html
http://www.bryantgalleries.com/index_files/page0015.html
http://www.snowgoosegallery.com/gwartis/mitdea.htm
http://www.galleryone.com/mitchell_prints.htm
                                        Thanks, Woody in Albuquerque

Judith Decker wrote:

> Dear Art Educators,
>
> I have updated my page on individual African American
> Artists. At the bottom is a long list of African
> American artists names that were posted to Getty list
> long ago (1999?)
> http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Af-am2.htm
> Those of you who have the time- take a look and see
> which artists you would like to see added to this page
> for students to use....And PLEASE let me know if there
> is someone listed who is not African American (smile).
> I am not that up on my African American Art history.

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703
Albuquerque, NM 87199-1703

Where Woody's watercolors are: