American Sculptor to Inspire - Lee Bontecou

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 07:11:09 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Here is a sculptor to inspire something new with wire
and panty hose...Lee Bontecou. See if you can get a
copy of the September Smithsonian issue (article
begins on page 98).

I have added links to her work on my American Artist
page:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/america.htm

Here is the best source for images:
http://www.hammer.ucla.edu/exhibitions/3/

I will add links to the wire and nylon stocking
sculpture lesson, too....Send in a sample of student
work that takes off in a new direction now.

Those of you in New York are lucky - you can see the
exhibit at the Musuem of Modern Art. I have added her
fish sculpture to my "collection" o ffish images.

Judy Decker

=====
Judy Decker
jdecker4art@yahoo.com