Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

American Sculptor to Inspire - Lee Bontecou

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 07:11:09 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Here is a sculptor to inspire something new with wire
and panty hose...Lee Bontecou. See if you can get a
copy of the September Smithsonian issue (article
begins on page 98).

I have added links to her work on my American Artist

Here is the best source for images:

I will add links to the wire and nylon stocking
sculpture lesson, too....Send in a sample of student
work that takes off in a new direction now.

Those of you in New York are lucky - you can see the
exhibit at the Musuem of Modern Art. I have added her
fish sculpture to my "collection" o ffish images.

Judy Decker

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources