Grand Opening of National Museum of the American Indian - Sept 21

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 06:12:10 PDT

Greetins Art Educators,

I am wondering if it is a coincidence that the Grand
Opening for the new National Museum of the American
Indian is September 21 (Internationals Day of Peace).
http://www.nmai.si.edu/

The building is really beautiful (see the Sept
Smithsonian issue - image also on the site).

I always discover something "new-to me" when I browse
the site.

Those studying Iroquoise might be interested in this
online presentaion for Beadwork:
http://www.nmai.si.edu/exhibitions/across_borders/indexfla.htm

Those doing quiltmaking might be interested in this
teacher packet for Native American Quilt Design:
http://www.nmai.si.edu/education/files/quilts.pdf
(36 page pdf) More packets on the site.

I have this linked on America's Diversity on my site -
and on USA Museums (I will add a link to American Art
page too).

Judy Decker

=====
Judy Decker