Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Grand Opening of National Museum of the American Indian - Sept 21

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 06:12:10 PDT

Greetins Art Educators,

I am wondering if it is a coincidence that the Grand
Opening for the new National Museum of the American
Indian is September 21 (Internationals Day of Peace).

The building is really beautiful (see the Sept
Smithsonian issue - image also on the site).

I always discover something "new-to me" when I browse
the site.

Those studying Iroquoise might be interested in this
online presentaion for Beadwork:

Those doing quiltmaking might be interested in this
teacher packet for Native American Quilt Design:
(36 page pdf) More packets on the site.

I have this linked on America's Diversity on my site -
and on USA Museums (I will add a link to American Art
page too).

Judy Decker

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department