RE: Fwd: FW: schedules-Look At This How Horrid!

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 19:57:26 PDT

Mary Jane,
Wow - more power to you! My classes have always ranged between 45 min and an hour, and I've taught in 5 different schools, HS as well as elementary, which is where I am now. Since my present school is well-off and private, my schedule and classes is not nearly as full as yours is. At one time I had a much tighter schedule, and 5 min. between classes as you described, but then my classes were 50 min. long. My one trick was to have a quick daily assignment on the board, and the kids learned to come in and do that first. At the end of the year, these assignments were all assembled into a sketchbook. The daily assignment, tho, gave me a few extra min. to finish putting away the previous classes stuff and get out supplies needed for the upcoming class. Additionally, it would reinforce, very simply, a concept we were learning about. One other idea is to use the same supplies for back to back classes. - Less cleanup that way.
Hopefully you will get your schedule changed for next year.
Jan