RE: Fwd: FW: schedules-Look At This How Horrid!

---------

From: jane mary (mjart49_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 16:36:47 PDT

I appreciate all those that responded to the schedule problem. I still would be interested in how long your art classes are in elem. One of our problems is that we share teachers between buildings- elem. and 5-6 middle. Middle school has a block schedule of 80 min. classes. This does not mesh well with 30 min. elem. schedules. Also our district is growing so fast! They added a kindergarten,2nd and 3rd grade to my building last Thursday. They have not even been approved by the school board yet. That happens tonight. Then our principal said the positions have to remained posted until 4:00 tomorrow afternoon so anyone inhouse that wants them can apply before he can officially give it to the new hires! Those poor people have not even been able to set up their classrooms. The kids are divided but have no teacher assigned to them yet. Oh well, at least I have a job and I can't imagine teaching anything else.

. Nothing will change for this year. So we ( music,pe,and me) will have to have to bite the bullet and dig in! Simplicity is the key for me I think. For instance, in 4th grade I was going to do 3d figures of the Olympic sports figures with wire and pariscraft. I ordered those movable figures this year and I was going to put one on each table so they could draw bubble people first in several positions. PE was going to do something in this vain and so was music. Now I think I will tie it in to Keith Haring figures and do something 2D.

Say la vie!

MJHadley
>From: Beslittle@aol.com >To: mjart49@hotmail.com >Subject: Fwd: FW: schedules-Look At This How Horrid! >Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 08:33:02 EDT > >I just sent this to my friend/colleague, then ralized I could have just sent >it to you. What a horrible schedule!!!!!!!!!!! But here is a thought, ><< message5.txt >>

Donít just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! ---