Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

9/11 Ideas (PrimaryE)

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 12:11:22 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Heather Leal sent me some ideas for 9/11. I won't be
putting them on the site right away as I am busy with
updates (removing broken links and such - for the
thousands of people who do use the site with kids).

Heather did a group quilt which was quite
stunning...She gave each homeroom a packet of fabric
so the colors would all go together. Then the squares
were combined into one quilt.

She has also done tags on the trees (other have done
this idea too). Woody's Wall of words has been a big
hit for many.

I have Jeannie Sandoval's "Patriot Wall" up online:

Here is Sandy's Peace Quilt:
(hmmm...ignore the extra underlining...those doesn't
show up in my editing view).

And I posted a good site for ideas/lessons just the
other day - check my Art for Peace page.

Judy Decker

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources