Re: Ceramic Tool List

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 22 2004 - 16:45:42 PDT

Tongue depressors are good clay tools and work well to cut,
smooth and join clay. I always hit the thrift stores for forks
because they are great for scoring edges. Also look for small
plastic bowls which can serve to start a coil pot in. We cut
up discarded maps and flipped them over and stapled them to
old drawing boards for each student to work the clay on. They
keep the mess under control and make clean up go easier.
I had students each pick up a board as they entered the room.
Then they got their work out and whatever tools they needed.
As they cleaned up they stacked the boards "carefully" as not
to send clay dust into the air. It's very bad for the lungs,
especially for the teacher who must breath it all day.
                        Have Fun, Woody Retired in Albuquerque

--
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703