Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Op Art - Interactives - Masters of Illusion (Magic)

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 22 2004 - 09:15:27 PDT

Greetings Lauren and all,

Do show Masters of Illusion video sometme with your
middle school kids - for perspective.
It is "magic" too. Maybe try some distorted grids.
Bunki even did the circular grids with her students.
You can make cylindars to view them using mylar
glued/taped to a cardboard tubes.

See the book
Sandburg, Carl. Arithmetic. New York: Harcourt, Brace,
Javanovich, 1993. ISBN 0-15-203865-5.
Ted Rand has illustrated Carl Sandburg's poem for
children, Arithmetic, as an anamorphic adventure. The
images in Arithmetic can be seen normally by viewing
them from an indicated angle or by viewing their
reflection in a cylinder.

More resources:

See these two list member sites for Interactives.
Alix Peshette

Sara Wegenast:

Linda Woods - did I guess the right sites?

I have a couple links on my Art-Math-Science links

Judy Decker

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources