Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Zapotec Rug Painting - Lesson Ideas for Mexico - Share yours

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 20 2004 - 15:53:17 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I have started a lesson theme page for Art of Mexico
-Latino Art.
First on the page is a Zapotec Rug painting idea from
Breanne Soviero:

I will be adding more ideas - but wanted all of you to
see Breanne's third grade painting.

Send in your ideas and one image to go with the lesson
"blurb" (if you have photo- send image off list) - no
lesson plan needed - unless you have one already
written and what to share it with everyone.

Please only reply to this message now if I also have
permission to put your idea on the lesson page.

Links to all of the Hispanic Art lessons on IAD will
be on this page, too. I posted all of those to Getty
list last fall -- and to Art Education list today.

Thanks fo ryour interest. Page will be updated in time
for Hispanic Heritage Month.

Judy Decker

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department