World Religions in Art - from MIA

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 20 2004 - 07:18:29 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Here is a new online presentation from Minneapolis Institute of Arts:

World Religions in Art:
http://www.artsmia.org/world-religions/
I would have a very hard time teaching about a culture without mentioning
their beliefs. Art and Religion are so connected - Beliefs/values were a
part of all of my cultural lessons...and Religion is part of the social
studies curriculum, too.

LW - on ArtsEducators list - recommended this site. LW - if you see this -
where is the download on the site? I couldn't find the lesson.

See all of the great on line exhibits/presentations:
http://www.artsmia.org/collection/index.cfm
http://www.artsmia.org/interactive-media/teachers-students.cfm

See Exhibitions too:
http://www.artsmia.org/exhibitions/