Re: Student Artist of the Week

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 19 2004 - 13:09:10 PDT

My only comment is the must do work at home part...If they just bring in
something from home, the temptation to have something of their siblings
who are really good etc. is really strong. They want to have something
cool and they often don't think they can do it but they do have this
really good drawing of someone's or a really good assignment from my old
school. When they don't make it in class, I don't ever consider it
because I don't know who did it or who helped.

>>> BSoviero@aol.com 08/19/2004 11:49:28 AM >>>
Hi all!
Tell me if I'm taking on too much here....

I want to set up a rotating weekly display featuring the artwork of one

student a week (5th grade only). I know many of you have an "artist of
the week"
(I searched the archives) but I didn't come across any postings about
student
artist's of the week. I want to include an "about the artist" page
that will
be featured alongside the artwork. The questions I am considering so
far...

Why do you make art? Who or what inspires you?
What is your favorite art material to work with and why?
Do you have a favorite artist? Why?
What does your art mean to you?

Any suggestions? Any other questions?
Also - in case you are wondering about the details...

This will be work that is created at home - not in school. With a
minimun of
3 pieces, maximum 5, preferably in different mediums. All of the
pieces must
be handed in at the same time, in good condition - not folded or
wrinkled,
with the artist bio. I will mount and or mat work if needed.

When I figure out all of the details - I'll post all of this to the
list.
Thanks for your input!

 :) Breanne Soviero, K-5 Long Island

---