RE: Cut Paper Self Portrait Lesson

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 19 2004 - 09:57:28 PDT

Marvin,
        thank you for sharing your lesson:
> The lessons I have posted can be found at this URL
> http://www.goshen.edu/~marvinpb/lessons/lessons.html
> details of this lesson are at this URL
> http://www.bartelart.com/arted/cutpaperself.htm

I have been stuck on how to introduce a variation of the cut paper portraits
- using cloth for embellished fabric collages/cut fabric portraits. I was
able to glean several helpful hints from your lesson.

> Change habits of work with many required variations, without showing
> examples and without doing demonstrations
 - I love variations and transformations. This gives me a chance to use all
of the fabric scrap donations (once typed wrongly, or correctly, in a Getty
post as 'fabric crap donations' ) I have accumulated.

Can't wait to get started!

Ellen Sears

---