Cut Paper Self Portrait Lesson

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 19 2004 - 10:41:55 PDT

Seeing others post their ideas for a cut paper self portrait lesson,
I was motivated to post some notes for a lesson that I have used for
many years. It could work as a first lesson or unit. Hope you find
it helpful.

Cut Paper Self Portrait Lesson

Goals and Actions in this lesson helps students to:
Practice self observation
Compose shapes, lines, and colors
Develop creative independent work habits
Change habits of work with many required variations, without showing
examples and without doing demonstrations
Practice choice making and assessment
Learn about an important art style (a way of seeing and expressing)
Learn art history, art criticism, and aesthetics
Learn to use drama to present art history

The lessons I have posted can be found at this URL
http://www.goshen.edu/~marvinpb/lessons/lessons.html

details of this lesson are at this URL
http://www.bartelart.com/arted/cutpaperself.htm

Marvin Bartel