interesting 6th graders

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 19 2004 - 05:51:50 PDT

I mentioned a few days ago how our school is hearing about the upcoming 6th
graders . well, yesterday 4 of us were coming back from lunch (you know how
the teachers all have lunch out together every day during work week since ne
never can do that during the year) and a large drilling rig pulled up next
to us at an intersection and motioned for the teacher riding shotgun to roll
down his window. Now, the guy in the rig looked like, well, a guy who should
be driving a drilling rig, and Kent in the front seat is an ex pipeliner, so
I figured they knew each other, but the conversation went like this:

guy: "didya eat yer Weaties?"
Kent: "what?"
guy: "didya eat yer Weaties?"
Kent: "oh, yeah, we did"
guy: "well good, 'cause you're gonna need em, them 6th graders y'all are
gettin are terrrible"
Kent: "we can handle em"

we laughed and laughed Amazing, eh? a complete stranger at an interesection.
That's a step beyond being stopped at the grocery store.

---